Labor recognises the importance of individual art and cultural projects across NSW.
A Daley Labor Government will:
- Provide up to $3 million toward the $9.5 million plan to revive the Victoria Theatre as a new 1,000 seat theatre in Newcastle’s city centre;
- Provide up to $14 million toward the redevelopment of the Newcastle Art Gallery;
- Provide $12 million to help Gosford City Council build a new performing arts centre;
- Provide up to $3 million over four years to help establish an education and cultural centre at the historic Myall Creek massacre site in northern NSW – supporting one of the State’s most significant reconciliation projects;
- Provide up to $3.4 million to upgrade Bega Valley Regional Gallery;
- Provide one-off emergency funding of $500,000 to re-build the roof on the Old Bega Hospital – which the community will upgrade to a regional community cultural centre;
- Ensure the iconic Bondi Pavilion remains in public hands;
- Provide $350,000 toward technological and sound improvements in Bondi theatre as part of Waverley Council’s $25 million plan to restore and maintain Bondi Pavilion; and
- Contribute $50,000 to help the Haymarket Chamber of Commerce prepare concept plans and financial frameworks for an Australian Chinese creative and cultural centre in Haymarket.