Labor will double funding to expand the Workforce Improvement Program.
The Workforce Improvement Program provides support to police officers by addressing the impacts of police work on officers’ health and wellbeing. Every month:
- Up to 250 officers experience a physical injury; and
- Up to 50 officers experience a psychological injury.
Since its introduction, the Workforce Improvement Program has provided police officers with support to address the stressful and challenging nature of their work. This assistance has helped officers to manage and treat mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder. Labor’s investment will:
- Allow the Workforce Improvement Program to assist more officers; and
- Provide long-term funding certainty for this important program.
1. Pre-Election Submission: NSW State Election 2019, NSW Police Association, p. 36